The Shopping Team is in charge of buying the gifts that are given to each Secret Family. Teams of approximately four volunteers will be assigned several families for whom they will shop. Volunteers will be given a per person budget for each family member, as well as suggested gift ideas. Roughly 30 minutes of shopping time is allotted per family. Volunteers will need to arrive at the Meijer in Noblesville at 5:45 AM to register, with shopping starting promptly at 6 AM. Donuts, milk and water will be available at registration.
Shopping Team Expectations
- Meet at Meijer in Noblesville at 5:45 AM.
- Pickup size chart, calculator, pens & t-shirts at the front tables.
- Team leaders “only” go to the front tables each time through for a new set of bags while other team members prepare the carts for the next round of shopping.
- Stay within the per person budget!! If you are over, items can either be placed back on shelves or you may opt to purchase them out of your own pocket.
- Shop for sale items, racks, and specials. Sometimes you can get a lot more for your money, so work the system!!
- We understand that we don’t know these families or their sizes… occasionally parents will not know sizes for their children. Some sizes may be incorrect and typos do happen.
- Use your best judgment. We trust your opinion, so do the best you can.
- Keep moving!! You have roughly 30 minutes per family, so stay on schedule!
- Pick a meeting spot where your team will meet when everyone is done shopping for your family. Gather back as a team and keep the family bags together before coming through checkout.
In-Kind Donations For Shopping Teams
- If you and/or members of your team would like to donate in-kind products to this year’s recipient families, please bring Personal Care Items/Toiletries.