Volunteers will tie a red ribbon around a tree, light post, porch railing, or other stationary object on the receiving family’s property to help identify the family as a Secret Family recipient. Red ribbons will be tied on Wednesday, December 5th, or Thursday, December 6th. Volunteers will be contacted to determine a time and meeting place for you to receive your red ribbons.
Red Bow Runner Expectations & Information
- The volunteer will be asked to tie a red ribbon around a nearby tree, light post or other stationary object on the subject family’s property on December 10th or December 11th. Ribbons become easy identifiers for Delivery Teams on the day of the event.
- If the volunteer has a ‘Co-Pilot’ to travel with them and coordinate logistics, it is recommended, but not required.
- A good working knowledge of Hamilton County and a reliable GPS device are imperative.
- Volunteers must commit to not less than 4 hours of service on Wednesday or Thursday prior to the annual event.
- You may commit for multiple days if desired.
- Generally, the volunteer will have no contact with the subject family. The goal of this team is to simply ‘mark’ the family’s house and leave.
- The ribbons will be removed the day of the event after gifts have been delivered to the Secret Families.
- A Team Leader will contact all volunteers with instructions and assignment details prior to bow tying dates.