The Wrapping Team ensures that each present received by our Secret Families is neatly wrapped in the Spirit of Christmas. Wrapping paper, scissors, and tape are provided – all that’s needed are your wrapping skills! This is a great team for families with children, youth groups, business teams, and other groups to participate in! We will have two wrapping sessions this year at Wasson’s Nursery. The first group of volunteers will wrap presents from 8:30 AM – 10:15 AM. The second shift will begin at 10:30 AM and wrap until completed.
Wrapping Team Expectations
- Meet at Wasson Nursery on 126th Street in Fishers at either 8:30 AM or 10:30 AM, depending upon which shift you registered for.
- Check in with attendants at registration table. They will assign you a table for wrapping presents.
- Prepare your table to begin wrapping presents. You’ll need scissors, tape, and wrapping paper. Bags of presents will begin arriving for your team to wrap shortly after your shift begins.
- You will want to assign 1 person to each bag of gifts because each bag is for a different member of the Secret Family.
- After the presents are wrapped, please place them back in the bag.
- Once all the presents are all wrapped, look for Tom Flanagan or one of his helpers.
- Check the list to make sure each family member has a bag of gifts.
- Keep each of the families bags grouped together to prevent losing any of them.
- Prepare for the next family’s presents and reload wrapping supplies as needed
- You will wrap presents for 4-5 families during your shift. Please allow 20 minutes per family.
- Once you have completed wrapping for all your families, prepare for present delivery.
In-Kind Donations For Shopping Teams
- If you and/or members of your team would like to donate in-kind products to this year’s recipient families, please bring Laundry Detergent.
- There will be donation trucks at the entrances of Toyota and Meijer where you can place your in-kind donations prior to the start of your shift.