Tree Delivery volunteers will pick up live Christmas trees from Wasson’s Nursery in Fishers and deliver them to each Secret Family’s home. Once at the home, volunteers will set-up and decorate the tree with lights and ornaments, unless the recipient family wants to decorate the tree themselves (in which case decorations and lights will be left at the home). Teams of 3-4 volunteers will work together to deliver trees to multiple families during their volunteer shift, but Secret Families will make an effort to group homes in a close proximity to one another. At least one person on each team should have access to a truck or a large SUV.
Tree Delivery Team Expectations
- You will need to meet at Wasson Nursery in Fishers at 8:00 AM.
- You will want to only spend around 30 minutes travel and setup time per family to stay on schedule.
- Please call your assigned families ahead of time to let them know that you are coming.
- When you arrive at the house, please cut the bottom of the tree so it will be able to drink.
- To set up the trees at each house, you will need the following:
- 2 packages of bulbs for each tree
- 2 strands of lights from each tree
- If the family wishes to decorate the tree themselves, just leave the lights and ornaments
- Say a prayer with the family around the tree.
- Inform the family that their presents will be arriving later if they aren’t already there.
- Thank them for allowing you to help them out.
- Move on to the next family.
- When you have delivered your last tree, return to Wasson Nursery in Fishers.
In-Kind Donations For Shopping Teams
- If you and/or members of your team would like to donate in-kind products to this year’s recipient families, please bring Fabric Softener.
- There will be donation trucks at the entrances of Meijer and Wasson Nursery where you can place your in-kind donations prior to the start of your shift.